Second week into the season, the AquaDons faced off against perennial Del Rio League champs, La Serna. In a shocking start, both La Serna Boys Medley Relays disqualified, opening the door for ERHS to open up with a 12-0 point start. And although La Serna made up deficit, the day would bring many individual shining moments for the Boys Team. Senior Henry Zepeda took 1st in a hard fought battle in the 100Breast. The deadlock was broken in the last 10 yards as Zepeda’s determination fueled his breakaway and lone victory over La Serna. Senior Victor Villegas handily took 2nd place over a full field in the 100Free. Swimmers can measure their success not only by getting to the wall first, but by dropping time.
- Sophomores Christian Elias dropped 2 sec on his 200IM and 2 sec on his 100Breast, Eduardo Plata dropped 4 sec on his 50Free, and Castor Villegas dropped 4 sec on his 100Free.
- Junior Adrian Vasquez dropped a jaw dropping 6 sec on his 100Free.
- Seniors Sebastian Jimenez dropped 3 sec on his 50Free and Rodrigo Guzman shaved 4 sec off his 100Fly.
As with the Boys, the Girls Swim Team also had individual moments to shine. In a repeat from last week against Whittier, Sophomore Lorelei Rojo beat the field in both the 100Fly and the 100Back.
- Both Lorelei Rojo and Ariana Meza dropped 1 sec in their 100Fly.
- In the 100Free, Estrella Cervantes dropped 1 sec and Melissa Hernandez dropped 2 sec.
Next week, the AquaDons will face off against California High.